2.10.2009

Bag Tax...

If you click on the post title you can read an article in fashionista about NY's new plastic bag tax. The tax is imposed anywhere you can receive a plastic bag for your stuff-grocery store, boutique, Macy's, a restaurant for your left overs. The tax is $.05 a bag. Not a huge deal i think. The article sort of gripes about having to carry around a bag, especially for those who don't have a car. I live in Chicago, i don't have a car and sometimes I forget to take a bag with me but carrying it isn't a big deal. i have a canvas tote that i got when i bought apples at the market and it scrunches up pretty well i think. i also have a nylon bag that folds up into a little pouch that i can attach to my key chain if i want. how hard is it to take a bag with you? I don' think the point is that a nickel isn't really a lot of money (but it will add up depending on how much shopping you do). The point is don't use plastic bags if you don't have to.

I think there should be a bag tax everywhere...

No comments: