6.23.2008

childhood, remixed...



I had forgotten about Alice until I found this video, the many roles she played in my life. I love Alice. My favorite part is where she is falling down the rabbit hole looking at all the curious objects and pieces of furniture that line the way and eventually winds up upside down. I think I first read the books in middle school, my mom's old copy that is still sitting on my shelf. I think at some point I wrote a paper about Lewis Carroll and I remember really liking his photography of Alice Lidell. I used to recite "You are old Father William" with my high school french teacher. I performed beware the Jabberwocky dressed as a hippie for my first Halloween performance at ballet school. My friend Miki was Alice that year, I think. That was five? years ago now. Maybe it is time to go back through the looking glass and see what happens...


curiouser curiouser...

No comments: